Write Now!

This blog started as a 'Lenten Writing Project', where we wrote each day in Lent. Now that Summer is here, let's keep up the discipline of writing with a weekly writing challenge! A prompt will be posted each week and anyone is welcome to join in and post their writing here or participate just by reading it.

Every writer has their own special light to add to this blog and all of your writing offerings are appreciated, whether poetry, prose, essay, thoughts, lists or comments and encouragement.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lenten Writing Prompt #46

Write about what your experience has been throughout these 40+ days of writing or reading this blog.  All are welcome to post their thoughts - whether you've read or written once, a few times, or every day.

2 comments:

  1. by Pat Mason

    At the beginning of Lent, Pastor Mike gave a sermon about the significance of Lent and he urged us to consider three things during this time.

    The first was discipline.
    I've always been a bit on the un-disciplined side but when I saw the opportunity to write daily here I committed myself to doing so. This would be a good discipline for Lent, I thought. I appreciate those who have read this blog this season. I have enjoyed writing here and have also enjoyed reading the other posts.

    The second was honesty.
    I wasn't sure what he meant by that at first until I started writing daily. Before putting one word in print it was necessary to be sure the thoughts were true, honest and from the heart. It was surprising to me how often I wanted to just get something down on paper (figure of speech) but I knew that if it wasn't well-thought out or truly felt or believed that it would not be honest. It would then not be worthy of a Lenten discipline.

    The third thing he mentioned was hope.
    It was required that hope permeate the Lenten discipline, whatever it may be. Discipline and honesty would mean nothing if hope were not included.
    They are the dark hours before hope brings the dawn.

    And the dawn does come,
    the sun does shine again
    and the Morningstar does not fail.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed the challenge I gave myself of writing every day. The best part for me is the way those of us writing have learned more about each other and how we have grown in valuing our community in this way.

    ReplyDelete